Dr. Gangrene's Cinetarium airs Saturday Nights at 9pm central on Nashville NECAT Arts CH9. It is also simulcast on the NECAT Roku channel (search for Necat). Or click to watch below.

Sunday, February 21

Moon


I was having a discussion with my director, Cameron McCasland, about what was our favorite movies of 2009. I mentioned I was going with Drag Me To Hell, and he agreed it's a great film. However, he said his choice was Moon. I decided to check it out to see for myself just what makes it worthy of movie of the year, so i rented it and watched it twice over the past few days.

I have to say, it is a really, really good movie. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It is smart, unique, and moving, and best of all it does exactly what any good Science Fiction film  should - it makes you think. I found myself pondering the story for days afterwards. Even my wife really liked it, and she's not really a sci-fi kinda person. I totally see why Cameron would choose it and can't really argue it is a worthy selection.

Here's the trailer for Moon - if you haven't seen it yet, so yourself a favor and watch it before you vote in the Rondos - you might just agree with Cameron!


No comments:

Post a Comment