Dr. Gangrene's Cinetarium airs Saturday Nights at 9pm central on Nashville NECAT Arts CH9. It is also simulcast on the NECAT Roku channel (search for Necat). Or click to watch below.

Thursday, February 25

Naschy-cast

My good friends Rod Barnett and Troy Guinn have started a podcast that is dedicated completely to Paul Naschy and his catalog of films. They'll be going through them one by one, taking an in-depth look at the movies and the impact they had on each of them. Pretty cool.
You can download it here

I was just listening to the first podcast for the movie Frankenstein's Bloody Terror - while I was listening I was going through some old zip discs I have and lo and behold, what did I run across but a drive-in ad for that very film! Back in the early 200s I was going through the microfilm over at Vanderbilt University, researching articles on Sir Cecil Creape. While rolling through the microfilm, if I ran across a cool looking drive-in ad, I'd print a copy.

One of the ones I found and liked was that one, at the Bordeaux drive-in, a double feature of it and 5 Bloody Graves, whatever in the heck that is! Here's a few of the ones I ran across and saved. Cool stuff!



No comments:

Post a Comment