Dr. Gangrene's Cinetarium airs Saturday Nights at 9pm central on Nashville NECAT Arts CH9. It is also simulcast on the NECAT Roku channel (search for Necat). Or click to watch below.

Wednesday, November 2

Dr. Gangrene's Haunted Halloween Recap

Greeting Fright Fans – Doctor Gangrene, your physician of fright here. Hope you all had a frightful and fun Halloween season! I really love how Halloween has become a month long event capped off with a night of trick or treating for young ghouls. It is a magical time of year and an event I look forward to all year long.

This Halloween season was perhaps the busiest I’ve ever had. I made an appearance at the Nashville Zoo to MC the costume contest opening night of their GHOULS AT GRASSMERE event, appeared at the Nashville Public Library to host THE BURBS, we held our 8th annual Horror Hootenanny shock and roll event on October 8th, I appeared at the Nashville Horror and comic convention, and I hosted the 12 HOURS OF TERROR film festival at the historic BELCOURT theater on October 30th.
  

In the media I was featured in The Nashville Scene magazine in an article about Nashville Horror Hosts through the years (and even appeared on the cover this year). http://www.nashvillescene.com/nashville/nashevil-from-sir-cecil-creape-to-dr-gangrene-a-history-of-nashville-horror-hosts/Content?oid=2661246 The Scene is Nashville’s free newspaper/magazine that comes out weekly spotlighting all the music, events and news that’s cool.

I was also featured on Nashville’s NPR radio talking about Sir Cecil creape, Nashville’s host with the most from the 1970s. You can hear the interview here: http://wpln.org/?p=31164

In addition I also finally wrapped up my Vincentennial Vincent Price 100 posts countdown here on my blog. 100 posts about Vincent Price, many featuring exclusive photos from collector Robert Taylor’s wonderful Price collection. Good stuff and a huge thanks to Robert Taylor for playing along with me.

In addition to all this madness THE DREADFUL HALLOWGREEN SPECIAL aired on Saturday October 29th, continuing the tradition of airing it in the Middle TN area. Busy season this year!! 

My new show DR. GANGRENE PRESENTS will continue to air every Sat night/Sun morning in all of Middle TN and Southern KY.Lots of great episodes to come, so keep watching WNAB CH58 (18 Comcast) for new episodes weekly!

To top it all off, THIS week I am going to make an appearance in the DICK TRACY comic strip! Look for me as Dr. Meangreen in the strip on Sat Nov 5th and Sun Nov 6th!! Definitely one of the coolest things to ever happen to Doctor Gangrene – immortalized in a comic strip!

Stay tuned for more Gangrene news, and until next time – STAY MAD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment