Dr. Gangrene's Cinetarium airs Saturday Nights at 9pm central on Nashville NECAT Arts CH9. It is also simulcast on the NECAT Roku channel (search for Necat). Or click to watch below.

Sunday, July 6

The Devil Bat KILLS!

I've had some folks recently request that I post some of my older work online, so I thought I'd start with the 1940 poverty row chiller, THE DEVIL BAT, starring the one and only Bela Lugosi. In it Bela plays a mad scientist names Dr. Carruthers who creates a giant mutated bat that attacks and kills anyone wearing a specially formulated perfume he's concocted. I'm not making that up - it's a special after shave that causes the creature to KILL!

I made this episode a special bat-themed one, so we also visit the Nashville Zoo and take a look at their bat exhibit, learn about bats from their expert, show a music video called "I Wanna Dig Up Bela Lugosi" by the 3D Invisibles, and show a short vampire film from the Monster Kid Home Movies DVD that was shot by acclaimed director Robert Tinnell when he was still a kid.

All in all pretty fun stuff. This episode premiered on the Nashville's WB station, WNAB 58, broadcasting into all of Middle TN and Southern KY.

Enjoy! And be sure to let me know if you want to see more like this, and I'll continue to raid the vaults.


No comments:

Post a Comment