Dr. Gangrene's Cinetarium airs Saturday Nights at 9pm central on Nashville NECAT Arts CH9. It is also simulcast on the NECAT Roku channel (search for Necat). Or click to watch below.

Friday, February 6

It's a Madhouse Matinee!

This weekend, Sat Feb. 7th through Monday Feb. 9th, the Belcourt Theater in nashville is showing my favorite movie of all time, Planet of the Apes.

This is, of course, the original version. I dismiss the remake as an unfortunate mistake, not worthy of inclusion in the apes franchise, below even the tv series, which I enjoyed. No, this is the original 1968 version, starring Charleton Heston, Roddy McDowell, Kim Hunter, Maurice Evans, and the lovely Linda Harrison, who I had the pleasure of seeing at Wonderfest recently and who is still beautiful as ever.

Accoding to the Belcourt website this is a new 35mm print courtesy of Criterion Pictures. Hell yes! I am really looking forward to seeing this movie on the big screen - showtimes below:

Sat-Sun, 2/7-8 @ Noon
Monday, 2/9 @ 7:00p

I'll be at the noon show Sunday. Don't let them make a monkey out of you - come see Planet of the Apes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment