Dr. Gangrene's Cinetarium airs Saturday Nights at 9pm central on Nashville NECAT Arts CH9. It is also simulcast on the NECAT Roku channel (search for Necat). Or click to watch below.

Sunday, August 14

Vincentennial Post #53 - Yale University bulletin

 I am very happy to be able to share some of Robert Taylor's wonderful Vincent Price collection with you here. Tonight I have a page from a Yale Bulletin talking about Vincent - and a fun little story about his name from Robert...

Robert - Here's an entry from a Yale bulletin in the early '30s.  I spoke to one of his great-nieces in St. Louis in April, and she was amused at my referring to him as "Vinnie" (as I spell it), as the family always referred to him by the nickname "Bink", and he was always, to her, "Uncle Bink"!  I told her that he'd also been called Vinnie by many, many folks--particularly old Hollywood friends, but look here--he was even called "Vinny" back when he was a 'teenager!

No comments:

Post a Comment