Dr. Gangrene's Cinetarium airs Saturday Nights at 9pm central on Nashville NECAT Arts CH9. It is also simulcast on the NECAT Roku channel (search for Necat). Or click to watch below.

Tuesday, September 13

Vincentennial Post #75 - Vincent Oil Painting



This is a black and white oil painting of Vincent that is owned by Robert Taylor. It is one of his many Vincent finds - but it is a little bit of a mystery - here is what Robert has to say about it...

You never know what you'll find on Ebay.  A few years ago, searching for Price memorabilia, I came across this painting of Vinnie and thought it was pretty darn good!   It's signed "M. Prince", and I'm sorry to say I don't know who that is.  Two or three "M. Prince" artists are to be found on the 'Net, but I don't know if any of them are this talented painter.  In any case, I still consider this black and white portrait one of my favorite pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment