Dr. Gangrene's Cinetarium airs Saturday Nights at 9pm central on Nashville NECAT Arts CH9. It is also simulcast on the NECAT Roku channel (search for Necat). Or click to watch below.

Thursday, April 15

Frazetta's Warrior with Ball and Chain

This gorgeous piece of art by Frank Frazetta just popped up for auction at heritage auctions. Got a spare 120,000? If so it could be yours - That's the next bid price.

I was always a fan of Frazetta - he has such an other worldly quality to his work. I think it is in the colors he uses and the way he lays them on the canvas. When I was an early teenager my uncle took me to a record store for my birthday and told me to pick any album I wanted and he would buy it for me. So I chose Molly Hatchet's "Flirtin' with Disaster." I'd never heard them before, I just picked it solely for the cover art. At that time I didn't know Frank Frazetta from Frank Zappa, but I did know that was some kick ass art on that cover.


I took it home and listened to the album and really dug the band too. Score! It was only after staring at the thing for a very long time that I realized the dude's ball is hanging out. Too funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment