Dr. Gangrene's Cinetarium airs Saturday Nights at 9pm central on Nashville NECAT Arts CH9. It is also simulcast on the NECAT Roku channel (search for Necat). Or click to watch below.

Sunday, February 19

Ghost Rider 2 jumps the rails

I got a chance to catch Ghost Rider 2 today and although I didn't have high expectations going in it was still pretty bad. For the life of me I swear I don't understand how Nick Cage gets these parts. He was laugh out loud bad at one place in the film, and in fact both myself and a man a few rows behind me did just that. There was a strange animated narrative the film cut away to a couple of times to advance the story that was  odd and overall the story was predictable and uninspired. The animation was pretty good for the most part but they used a jerky fast-motion effect on the rider from time to time that was irritating. It seemed like the filmmakers were trying to make this more of a horror film than a superhero movie, and as such it  betrayed the source material... and in a telling moment of just that very thing the obligatory Marvel Comics logo at the beginning of the movie was missing. Can't say I blame them for that.

Definitely skip this one, and go see Woman in Black instead, a real scary movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment