Dr. Gangrene's Cinetarium airs Saturday Nights at 9pm central on Nashville NECAT Arts CH9. It is also simulcast on the NECAT Roku channel (search for Necat). Or click to watch below.

Saturday, February 27

Sir Cecil Creape


Nashville's best known horror host is Sir Cecil Creape, played by the late great Russ McCown. His original show ran on WSM-TV ch4 from 1970-73. This was back in the days where we only had 4 channels here. His show ran Saturday nights at 10:30pm

I unearthed a classic clip of Sir Cecil and posted it on youtube recently - it is from his 1971 Christmas special and features a quartet of disenbodied heads singing that old Transylvanian classic, "I'm dreaming of a cold body." Classic stuff!


1 comment:

  1. Omgosh!! I remember him. I was scared to death of him. My mom and older sister loved those old scary movies. I don’t remember the singing heads I don’t think but that was hilarious. This was classic alright. Thank you for this. ��

    ReplyDelete